Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back in Denver

That's right. I'm back in Denver. I apologize, I never plastered a final outreach post. Busy. And I forgot. It was awesome, though. I learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and made a lot of really good friends. Some of which I am now seeing back in Denver at different schools.

I'm back here for another 3 months and I am doing the School of Worship. We have 12 students in the school. There are two "cell bands" in which we each write songs and then as a band we work with those songs and play together. It should be interesting and a lot of fun. This first week is just legistical stuff, and we haven't played any music yet. I'm excited for us to do that. I'm ready to play.

It should be interesting to see how we're going to play songs in my cell band because we have 3 electric guitarists, 1 violinist, and 1 singer. No bassist. No drummer. So... yeah... it should be interesting. We'll see what happens.

I'm here with my good friend Jordan from back home. He did his DTS in Australia last year and went to school this past fall. He decided for sure he was going to do the SOW with me just about 2 months before the school began. So he dropped out of college for the time being, and started to apply. He didn't have any money. So he needed $3,500 in a month and a half. Kinda crazy, eh? Well, he worked a lot and sent out a bunch of support letters. He needed at least half of the money by the time we showed up at the base here (this past Monday). We drove down together and he still needed over $500 just for that first half. This was Saturday morning. By Sunday afternoon he had it all. Not just the half that he needed for sure. All of it. For the whole school. God is the ultimate provider. It was really sweet and really exciting to see Him come through. And now we're here together and it's going to be awesome.

Our first song is due Monday. The theme is "Arise." I haven't really started yet. These next three months should be sweet.

Chris

2 comments:

1Book4U said...

Hi, Chris.
Nice to have you call tonight. Say hi to Jordan. You are back on my daily prayer list. Here are a couple of verses from the book of Isaiah you can read that may help you with your song writing on "arise":
Isaiah 33:10
Isaiah 60:1
Bethel C. sent letter today, saying they need your FAFSA. I'll work on it this weekend. Enjoy your stay.
Love you!

hansen said...

Hello Chris -- Just discovered your blog today (4/25/08). Fascinating account of your time in Ushuaia. By any chance did you visit the Movimiento Cristiano Misionero church there. It was 1993 when i was there last and i miss the people and place SO MUCH. pat hansen, Big Timber, MT